Skip to main content

A Hospital And Whole Foods For St. Elizabeths? Where's My Sowfeest Pentagon?!

I thought the Department of Homeland Security was moving its main headquarters (Nick Fury, Captain America, heli-carrier and all) right into the East or West Campus of the old St. Elizabeth's sanitarium. I'm not talking about a satellite office, either, ..and not an annex sharing space with the Coast Guard.

Apparently, I was wrong.

I imagined this was going to look something like a second Pentagon, out here. For the last two or three years, I've been imagining what Congress Heights would look like, with slightly ominous military choppers buzzing around it, around the clock. I've been drooling with envy over the strong local police presence and consistently reliable public works commitment that I imagined would be the result of DHS setting up shop, there - of how that would become the new normal for a surrounding community with a fluctuating rate of daytime robberies, pod-snatchings and other troubles. Everyone here, between Anacostia proper and Capitol Hill, has been talking about Homeland's big, upcoming move, east-of-river, since the (now O/B) Big Chair Coffee first opened on MLK.

So, what happened? What's this about a Gateway Pavillion opening? Nobody I talk to, over here, is talking about that. When did it happen? Now, Mayor Vincent Gray is announcing a new hospital and Whole Foods Market coming? Where's my Sowfeest Pentagon, ..yo?

No one tells us anything in the Southeast Hills area.  Clearly, I'm walking in on the credits, here, and don't know what in Sam Hill's going on.

Read more about that in the 'Housing Complex' section of the Washington City Paper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CENTS OIL, A FUEL COMPANY FOR CAPITOL HILL AND EAST-OF-THE-RIVER D.C.

CENTS OIL CO is the kind of fuel delivery company that so many older, oil-burning households in Washington, DC's  Capitol Hill and  East-of-the-River neighborhoods (Capitol Hill, Skyland,  Penn Branch-Hillcrest, Marshall Heights,  Anacostia, Congress Heights and more) ..depend on. Penn Branchers, like me, choose Cents, because it's e xceptional. Nothing common about this Cents! Competent, right-on-time SERVICE with SKILLED engineers and smart PRICES ..is the standard. It's also an environmentally responsible company, ..keeping its impact on the  SAFETY of  our water and  air, right here in South and Northeast DC and the rest of our Nation's Capitol, a top priority. Capicostia's got CENTS . Get some Cents, out there!  Call CENTS at (202) 498-2367. Mel Dyer CENTS OIL COMPANY 5600 Sargent Road,  Hyattsville,   MD   20782

ON CAPICOSTIA: TRYING TO OPEN A DOOR WITH A THOUSAND WRONG KEYS - SEX THERAPY AND THE WASHINGTON MAN

"...WHAT IS SEX THERAPY? Sex therapy, at its core, is a specialized form of psychotherapy aimed at addressing sexual issues and improving sexual health. Think of it as the emotional and psychological component of sexual and reproductive health. Whether it’s concerns about libido, sexual intercourse, or emotional connectivity in intimate relationships, sex therapy offers a safe space for exploration and resolution..." Therapy Group of DC NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR PENIS? NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR GAME OR APPROACH? THIS has nothing to do with THAT. Sexual HEALTH is LIVING HEALTH. Sexuality is how men and women form relationships to make more people, solve social problems, model healthy relationships for others (esp. younger people) and a way, though not the only way, that humans keep each other happy and healthy and keeping our WORLD going. When something, anything, gets in the way of all of that happening, and people aren't or don't know how to get together... We've go...

SEVENBEEISM...IT'S IN THE AIR!